Wednesday, May 17, 2017
Just Because You Can
Subtitle: Does not Mean you Should
As most colleagues know Marcus receives and reads/watches upwards of 800 articles and videos per day.
An increasing number such as this one above present the latest advances in technology. And increasingly technology for an almost comically small price.
Is it tempting to put in an order for this technology, such as shown above.
Marcus often sees things in relative terms.
- Marcus and Agata attending a fitness class 50 CHF
- Marcus and Agata, weekly food shopping, no frills, at Aldi or comparative baseline Supermarket 200 CHF (or fancy Manor/other Boutique 350 CHF)
- Weekly carparking for 2 vehicles 50 CHF
So sure an 8" Fire HD tablet at about 80 GBP/ 100 CHF might be seen as a bit of a steal. We might perhaps hardly notice it in the scheme of things.
- Don't you already have a tablet, or perhaps several
- Why is this one going to be better than all your others
- If you get this one, do you promise to sell or gift the old one
- Don't you worry that you are basically going for greed over need
And so on.
Martin Solveig: Do it Right!
Just because you can afford it, does not mean that you should. Don't over consume your life, living life to the full shalt not mean full of crap!