Cars: Moving in Stereo
Never has Marcus seen such divided and divisive views on American Politics, or the new President from: Americans, Europeans or indeed any mindful or mindless group of Political commentators worldwide.
What does the Future Hold?
Fixing America (with Donald Trump) or the UK (with BREXIT) is actually simple. It's similar to running a successful Enterprise level project that I have worked on so many times during my life
- A necessary but not sufficient component is Enthusiasm and Vision
- Somehow you have to convince the majority project participants, in this case population of your country that there is a great future ahead
- That your country will basically be better than the other country
- That your project endeavours will overall be more successful than the other
- To me it is more a Zero-Sum-Gain (than not), if your project (Country) does better, then other producers (Countries) will on balance do worse
- Ethnic differences dividing a country
- Religious differences dividing a country
- Class distinctions dividing a country
- Necessary International Production (no local Materials)
- Laziness and Entitlement
When you have the vision then translating it into practice only comes true by the continued hard work and slog of the majority.
If you have been a Consultant worker bee on a large Industrial project, you may be familiar with: The 4 year project. Where you got the last 9 months to do the actual implementation. Where the planners sat around for over 3 years thinking about it, blaming previous planners, doing some 'investigations' and 'high level prototyping'. You then had 9 months to pull off the impossible. The chance to rarely see your family or friends, and work weekends, and nights and actually put right the design components that were just overlooked. Sigh :-(
Back to countries: if comparable workers in Asia, work longer and harder for less money, accept less free time, less family life, should they have a higher or lower salary than an Entitled, 9-5, M-F, European worker?
Please take a look at the Intense Automation and Industrious working culture of some Asian manufacturing. Ask yourself the question: Can American workers be this productive at that same cost or lower?
In the short term, Advanced Industrial Societies like the UK and the USA can certainly onshore manufacturing, and Sales and Cust. Service, but expect a sizable increase in retail pricing and very different quality. [In the Near future expect advances to remove the need for these jobs altogether, that is beyond the scope of this discussion].
Taiwan Case Study
I just purchased an Asrock AM1B-ITX electronics board. It will form hardware towards a high performance Webserver that I will Engineer to serve over 4TBytes (Bytes not Bits) of data per day. Specs:
- Supports AMD Socket AM1 Athlon/Sempron APU Quad Core
- Supports DDR3 1600 memory, 2 x DIMM slots, Max. 32GB!
- 1 x PCIe 2.0 x16 slot
- Integrated AMD Radeon R3 Series Graphics in A-series / E-series APU
- 3 Graphics Output Options! : D-Sub, DVI-D, HDMI
- 1 x Parallel Port, 1 x COM Serial Port
- 4 x USB 3.0 (2 Front, 2 Rear), 6 x USB 2.0 (4 Front, 2 Rear), 4 x SATA3 6Gb/sec
- Realtek Gigabit LAN
- 5.1 CH HD Audio (Realtek ALC662 Audio Codec)
Price for this card: 35GBP, ie. 50USD. Including shipping from Asia. When you find an American or European manufacturer that can produce something at this price point, be sure to let me know.
Our Upgraded Society 2.0, would include:
- Rejection of Government and Personal Debt Models. Stop Printing and Borrowing.
- Extremely High levels of Automation
- Reduced Population: not just a Countries right to determine its Immigration policy, but greatly, repeat greatly reduced population
- Reduced Consumption: Mindfulness & the consumption of what you Should, not just what you Can
- Individual Emphasis on Health, Exercise and Not Being a burden to society
- Hard Work
I personally can't wait to see what the new US Administration does to turn around the US economy. We are prepared. Are you?
REM: The End
A message to White Voters