Monday, October 10, 2016

The Importance of Tweezers


I literally had to delay my conversion and subsequent testing of my pseudo 8" diskette drives for a trivial yet annoying reason

No Tweezers!

For reasons of economy I had just one pair in the house, until they somehow vanished.

So:

- Manipulation of fine wire on circuits - impossible
- Help unsoldering surface mount resistors - almost impossible
- Manipulation of jumper blocks on numerous circuits - difficult

I could not believe that the loss of something so trivial could be so bloody annoying.

As usual ebay has come to the rescue.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261881484631

All the way from Hong Kond for less than 8GP including postage.  Just absolutely un flippin believable


Here it is unboxed



So now it is full speed ahead.   Floppy conversions here I come