Friday, August 26, 2016
A tale of Two Agents
Subtitle: Have you heard about the Internet?
Marcus has just spent the day with 2 Estate Agents. I nearly lost it, because I find working with Estate Agents is nearly always frustrating, and with those that are absolutely clueless about the importance of the Internet, well: I nearly burst a blood vessel.
- Agent could not initially gain access to property, could not operate keys!
- Flat is tenanted and a total mess/ bombsite
- Almost Zero mobile phone reception and actually zero mobile Data connection.
- Tenant refuses to let any photographs be taken, and Owner has none to offer, so post visit I have nothing to refer back to
- Agent has no clue about Wired Internet Speed or whether there is any at property
- Agent does not know what Fibre Broadband is
- Agent does not know how to do a Speed test from their mobile
- Agent claims to be experienced with 30 years in the profession
- Flat empty
- Almost Zero mobile phone reception and zero Data connection. Agent tried to make excuses
- A luxury Apartment but with no Dishwasher, Agent tried to make excuses
- Large damp area on upper floor, Agent has no knowledge
- Agent has no clue about Internet Speed
- Agent does not know what an Internet Speed test is
- Agent does not know how to launch a web browser on their Smartphone. I assisted and eventually made a speed test
My Honest Suggestions
- Read my recent blogpost
- Educate staff on the importance of the Internet in modern life
- Publish mobile voice strength on property prospectus
- Publish current Land Internet Speed Connection at property
- Publish currently available Internet Speeds and Technologies (e.g. Copper, Fibre, Community Internet)
And additional Information that might be useful
- Details of any pending construction or building developments in or around this postcode
- Risks of Apartment to Flooding and other salient risk based factors or peculiarities
- Service Charge and detailed breakdown therein
I am not boasting, but I could really do a much more professional and informative job than the two individuals I met today. Perhaps a new career beckons?