Thursday, June 16, 2016

Look but don't Buy



Whilst out running thru the neighbourhood district of Renens, in Lausanne Switzerland I was curious to see the /American themed/ Yamaha YXZ 1000R

This contraption whilst road legal I had always assumed was for American markets only.  In the USA this is known as a Side By Side, or Side X Side.

If I watched videos I understand they are good for moving over desert sands or dirt roads.


Just Bonkers










Now I know we have forests nearby,  but I am pretty sure that the Swiss local Government does not allow any motorised vehicles, for example a motorcycle, let alone a full size 'Side by Side' to be legally ridden there.


Videos
Videos for the slightly upgraded 2017 year model  (just announced) are here:
 
https://www.yamahamotorsports.com/pure-sport-side-by-side/models/yxz1000r/videos


In Summary
In Europe and particular in Switzerland, the chances of the Apocalypse happening any time soon are judged remote.  Therefore the suitably of the Yamaha YZX 1000R as part of your household automotive collection seems distinctly unlikely.

This does not stop me gawking at it, as it is laid out in The Daytona Shop  in Renens Switzerland.   It is still mighty impressive.


Links
2017 Yamaha YXZ1000R