Thursday, April 21, 2016
The Artist Now and Forever Formerly known as Prince
Subtitle: We probably won't be seeing you later
First The News
For the record, Prince, and I mean Prince Rogers Nelson, born on June 7, 1958 in Minneapolis, Minnesota has suddenly and unexpectedly died.
Follow this google search
Realtime Google Search on death of Prince
A moderate Fan
I've been a moderate fan most of my life and I especially appreciate not only his music but his amazing coordination and dancing abilities.
We even paid a lot of money to see him live at Montreux in 2013
It is with much regret then, that if you know your Prince, you will know that he has had a protracted and unresolved feud with the Digital Music & Video industry since about 2007.
- In 2007 Prince took legal actions to remove his online presence from the Internet and in particular YouTube
- He had a mostly hate, or un-cooperative attitude with Digital Audio distribution or any Digital Video distribution service
- There was a skimpy official Prince YouTube channel launched in 201x
- In 2015 however he completely closed that YouTube channel
- He also removed his music from Spotify, Apple Music and Rdio
- I'm not sure about TIDAL?
So farewell Prince. Right now, this is the best video I could display
From a Religious Perspective Prince was of course a Jehovah Witness (JW). Freedom of and from Religion is something I passionately support. The excellent John Cedars has produced this informative video about Prince and JW.
Can't find Prince on YouTube
Billboard: Prince Dies at 57
Prince did not speak