Thursday, January 07, 2016

Not My Father's Son




I realised that I was living my life backwards, I had to be a grown up when I was a little boy, and now I was tending to little boy inside me that had never had the chance to properly play. I liked it.

A quote from Not My Father's Son by Alan Cumming

To anybody that has asked themselves the question in adult life, and perhaps even every day as a child:

Why can't I have a normal family

Or to anybody who has suffered childhood abuse, this book is surely an essential read (or in our case Audible listen)

I don't mind admitting that I blubbed whilst listening and absorbing the deeply personal and harrowing narrative that was laid bare.   But to those with ugly childhoods who have not performed the final exorcism I sincerely  ask you to start reading or listening right away.



Audible
http://www.audible.co.uk/pd/Biographies-Memoirs/Not-My-Fathers-Son-Audiobook/B00OD1D14E

Amazon Hardcopy
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Not-My-Fathers-Son-Family-ebook/dp/B00KRFKOHW/ref=sr_1_1