Saturday, December 26, 2015

Sunday Sermon: The Force at a certain age

Star Wars: The Force Awakens

These days it is rare that age is credited with an advantage. However, Marcus can maybe admit being "just" old enough to have watched Star Wars, the original 1977 George Lucas film known as

Star Wars

On the enthusiasm scale out of 10 I was about a 6 going into the sequel this late Saturday night.  And on the footballer scale coming out I was about an 11.

Why?

- The film keeps the plot simple
- At no time was I wondering who the characters were or that an action sequence be rewound
- The weapons were pretty similar to the original
- The Bad guys and Good guys were easily to find
- Conflicted characters add depth
- Terribly politically correct, which I of course like

> All in all so many echoes from the past

That Marcus had to blub just a little.  To me, a moving reminder of how keeping it quite simple can make for a deeper and more emotional film going experience.

I can honestly say that if a Religion was so convincing I would be signing up tomorrow.  Maybe Jediism  contains an inner truth after all?




Summary:
If you are of an age to remember and like the original Star Wars, you are going to Love: Star Wars - The Force Awakens.



Links
YouTube: Star Wars Channel