With Agata and Marcus being unusually separated in the last week; Marcus has tried to take up the slack by talking with friends near and far.
And Marcus has had the chance to re-learn what he always knew. And that is, in depth person to person communication lays down the bedrock of meaningful existence. Ideally face to face, but over a Skype or Google Hangouts channel as necessary.
What have been the topics that Marcus liked most?
- Life, loves and experiences
- Retirement Planning
- Race Planning for 2015
- Winter Training 2014
- Race tales of 2014 and those sports injuries
- The latest atrocity from those claiming to represent the /religion of peace/
- US and European financial developments
- Climate Change
- Healthy Living
- The case for OCD
- Starting a career in this 2014 world of Outsourcing and Free Services
- Trying to finish a career meaningfully in this 2014 now dominated by low cost Outsourcing
- Any first world problem so long as it leads to humour and reflection
Not So Great
- Any Celebrity talk, unless it is a first hand recollection
- Airport delays, awkward flights or other totally mind blowing banal travel trivialities
- Generic weather issues
- People who are dying or close to death
- First world problems where the talker is really outraged!
- The good old days
So the next time some terrible bore tells you about the unavailability of their favourite canapé in their Airport Executive lounge, simply walk away or ask them to switch gears to something more meaningful.