Thursday, November 06, 2014

The Monogram Murders




My constant companion night and day for the last few days has been a book!   Well an audiobook to be more precise.

The Monogram Murders
(featuring Hercule Poirot)

Now whilst I am a self confessed under-reading book dunce, Marcus does know that Agata Christie  the creator of the fictional detective Hercle Poirot, died in the 1970's.


I'm not sure quite how I chanced upon this Audible title but I am rather glad that I did.  Apparently this is the first time ever that the Christie estate has allowed another author  (Sophie Hannah)  to publish a Poirot novel.

I am not qualified to do a review, but I can say that it dived into the action from minute 1, and there were so many plot twists and possible outcomes /murder theories as to have my head spinning.

I liked it so much that I'm going to re-listen and I just never [normally] do that.

So let me just get comfortable ...



Links
Amazon - The Monogram Murders