Yes, We are getting serious! Our second Motorhome show of this year in our quest for the perfect European Camper Van/ Motorhome.
Don't forget our existing review of the Dusseldorf Motorhome show
Our weekend journey to England took us to the NEC Exhitibition Centre and a chance to also catch up and meet friends who we wish we could keep in touch with more often.
There is lots to see, so what interesting finds did we uncover?
(Note, we'll try not to repeat motorhomes covered in the Dusseldorf posting)
Carthago Compactline 138
- One of the very few motorhomes with a thin width. This is 212 cms wide only (plus mirrors)
- A class home i.e. Coach front and drop down bed
- AL-KO low frame
- Beautiful inside
- Generous garage for 2 bicycles
- Based on a Fiat chassis
- 180 BHP motor is an option
- The 138 has a double bed there are other members in the family e.g longer vehicle with 2 single beds etc.
- Possibly the best ever Van Conversion
- Quality of construction and Workmanship was excellent
- Alde piped water heating
- 6 metre van only for double bed (6.4 metre has 2 singles)
- Space behind the bed for 2 bicycles, well possibly
- Quite pricey
Fiat Cab base
Washroom is a wetroom with cupboards and place and drying rack upper left
Simple decent kitchen. Classy and Elegant. Optionally fridge can be mounted at waist height with a cupboard underneath instead.
View to the back
Unusually professional ALDE heading
Chic yet sophisticated electronics. Can program heating time on and off
50 cms from panel to back of van. Just wider than a single road race bicycle handlebars
78cms from base to bottom of bed. Remove your seat and front bicycle wheel and maybe it is going to fit
Rapido V56 Van Conversion
- 6 metre van conversion
- Some unique layout, noticeably V56
- V56 link
- Small longitundional bed allows for a side wash-room
- Not sure where the bicycles would go!
- Lots of kitchen cupboard space
- Large tall fridge freezer
- Most cupboard space of any van conversion seen so far
Up front traditional Fiat Cab
Extra seating and more storage
Good simple kitchen with lots of cabinet space
50 cm wide floor area to put 2 bicycles in ... hmmm
Wingamm Oasi 610 GL
- We completely missed this in the show, finding it in the car park where we accosted the very helpful salesman!
- They also do a Citi Suite Van which we did not see
- Unique Monocoque design supposed to be rattle free and warm but we don't know it s reliability
- The Oasi 610 GL whilst being a little wide at 220cm has an amazing set of features.
- The bunk beds at back can be removed for extra garage storage.
- Googling Wingamm reveals very little both in terms of vehicles, owners or experiences.
NEC Show Guide