TBWA Advertising McDonalds
In sophisticated Europe as many [North] Americans sometimes prefer to describe it, we sometimes elect a diet of Intriguing advertising.
And so it is that certainly in France and Switzerland we have seen hoardings displaying one of these 6 icons:
Actually there are 6 different advertisements each showing a McDonalds product and to the bottom right a small McDonalds logo.
What does it all mean?
- It's sort of Advertising by Intrigue
- You have to have a basic idea of McDonalds merchandise to associate the icons with product.
In other words it makes existing [McDonalds] consumers feel smart
- It is different, so if you don't /get it/ you'll probably ask somebody >>viral marketing.
- Clearly if all fast-food companies utilised similar techniques, chaos would result, but McDonalds is first and hence different, and market differentiation in the fast food market is very good.
- Here in Europe we can be double Smug ... far too sophisticated fayre for the United States of America, we like++
Whatever next, Americans asking what the acronym TBWA stands for ?
Adweek on TBWA Paris
McDonalds Advertising but not in the USA