Thursday, January 16, 2014

Oh I just read two books


I commented before Christmas about the importance of Brevity and Economy.

Little was I to know that I would find its application again so soon.   I have just read two interesting books, 

Bertrand Russell - Why I am not a Christian

Penn Gillette - God NO

The former is a concise and brief guide which may be read in under one hour.  It details some of Christianities logical fallacies, and improves the understanding with a few examples.



The latter by Penn Gillette by contrast is a longer and confused rambling narrative.  After the fact I read this Amazon review:

Don't make the mistake of thinking this is actually a book about atheism, or you might be setting yourself up for disappointment. It is really a book about Penn Jillette just pouring his heart out about whatever crosses his mind, which sometimes has something vaguely to do with atheism  and sometimes really, really it doesn't

So as I initially postulated