Saturday, December 28, 2013

Agata's assimilation is almost complete



What a Christmas surprise I am having when I find my wife was not content with the Mac Mini I had given her, she is sneakily upgrading it to OSX 10.9 , that is Mavericks.

Agata's old Mac Mini died recently, we think due to over-heating.  We had reformatted it to only run Microsoft Windows since we wanted to use our once sophisticated Dell SX2210T touchscreen, and OSX does not support touch. I suspect the Power Management was not as good and one day it finally overheated catastrophically.

I have a now spare Mac Mini which I had used this as a BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) to work at my last job, because the computer they supplied me was pathetically slow.

Now that that job is complete; this Mac is liberated and has been donated to Agata.

You may recall this was previously upgraded to SSD by us.  It was torture.

Whilst I am somewhat proud that my Geeky wife is now using a UNIX computer as her primary workstation I am equally worried that she now has an Apple computer, phone and tablet.

Although they are all quite old models, I feel Apple is making a stealth takeover in the Marcus and Agata, home IT infrastructure.

I must work harder on convincing Agata about the Nexus 5 with Android 4.3.



The Nexus 5 is just fantastic! 


Links
Day 0: 5 days of Nexus 5