Tuesday, November 12, 2013

5 Days of Nexus 5: Day 001: Faster



I've not been at all interested in 4G networking, because

a) 3G or H gives me upto 5 M bits/second download in Lausanne

b) Surely it would be a decade before the relaxed Swiss telecomms operators got a grip and released 4G?


But I am pleased to be totally wrong.   I put my /old/ Swisscom SIM into nexy-5 and just check these speeds


 At the train station at Vevey


 At home in the lounge



At home in Bed  (Man that is fast over a mobile phone line! I triple checked the wireless was off)



On the Wifi in the Study


These speeds are just unbelievably fast.   I could torrent download a full Linux CD distribution in under  2 minutes, via the phone line.  I am almost speachless.


Moving on, here are the CPU Z displays






Really outstanding specifications and implementation.  Nexus 5 ++