Not only did I leave my Apple iPod Nano behind in Switzerland but also my headphones. So for the Warsaw Marathon we made a hurried trip to the electronics store in search of some quality running headphones
What were the criterion?
- Ultra low weight (of course!)
- Symmetric design: not a fan or earbuds whose cables come out at an angle (fall out whilst running)
- Symmetric cables: cables to either earbud are the same size (not the loop design with one cable fatter than the other)
- +Good to have cable tie, enabling cables to hold tight around neck
- As short as possible (body length) so has least chance of falling out
And after a lot of searching: Sennheiser CX 175 because
- Extremely light weight
- Symmetric cable design with tie
- Very short headphone body, least chance of falling out
- Sits inside ear so will wear comfortably under a bike or cycle or ski helmet
- Comes with 3 bug sizes small/ medium/ large
- Amazing noise isolation, you hear your music not the outside world
- Slight criticism: the jack end is overly large (I don't mind the right angle)
Trivia: How can you tell left and right headphones since they are not marked? The left has a tiny pimple on the cable coming out of the earbud.