My running colleague Denis was amazed that after so many years of running I still don't own a running/ sports watch!
I am missing a lot of detailed stats on the close to 100Km run weekly.
I do use Runkeeper on my mobile phone but this means that only some runs are recorded, but for example no swims.
I decided to put it right and before this weekends marathon get one. A mail order later it arrived today: well sort of. Wiggle (UK) often now uses a courier instead of post.
I needed the goods for the weekend, but the **courier** company unlike the post office is NOT OPEN on Saturday.
SO what are the learning points?
- Living in Switzerland means the supply chain between the product that you want and getting it is usually long
- Often the product that we search for is not available locally and needs to be imported
- Importing means at best the Post Office, Swiss Customs, a "we delivered but you are out card," and a subsequent trip to pickup
- But in the case of using a courier then delivery will take longer! [for example] DH useLess, it means calling before 20.00 to rearrange. They are closed after that!
- And as shown above, we are of course not open at the weekend (Saturday or Sunday). In fact the depot closes at 18.00 [Reminder, this is an international courier company!]
- Living in Switzerland aligns nicely with the slow moving, cautious Swiss stereotype. I have retrained my expectations of getting anything here in a hurry.
But just once it would be good to have been proven wrong :-(