A moments carelessness and my perfect condition Nexus 4 mobile phone sustained this damage:
To look on the bright side the fall from about 1.5 metres, whilst rapidly spinning onto rough concrete was broken just a little by the Zagg shield coating, and certainly the back Zagg coating is all that is now holding the shattered back of the phone glass together.
What did I learn?
- The phone is about 9 months old and that is young for me
- I had no intention of replacing the phone for years, but now I must have something ready to replace this unit
- I know this should not work but I ordered a few cases from eBay. The best one is now firmly attached. It is a thin, flexible, soft blue plastic case. It totally hides the shattered back and my brain is so gullible that after 1 week I was convinced that all is well
- With the case on the front screen protector kept bubbling so that is now removed, but the case has ridges on the front which affords some protection
- To find a similar case search eBay for MERCURY GLITTER PEARL JELLY CASE ULTRA THIN
So I'm still very much in like with Mr Nexus 4, but I have to start looking around for a replacement. Sudden death could happen at any time. It pays to be prepared.