Yes, if you have watched the Fast and Furious 6 trailer and are a car nut like Marcus, well, the next step was surely to watch
Fast and Furious 6 the movie
But let me tell you after the first 1 minute and 38 seconds I was so annoyed about the initial car chase it has been a further 2 days until I could bear to watch the remaining 2 hours of the movie. For the record:
- No amount of tuning a 2011 Dodge Charger is going to let it keep up with a Nissan GT-R
- The Nissan has gear shift paddles on steering column. Absolutely nobody would use the gear lever, are you frikkin insane?
Yes, these details are important to car people. I know in the rest of the movie people are seen jumping 30 metre plus distances without injury, but those are not car details.
Meanwhile in less than 2 minutes
- Brian becomes a dad and we the audience are supposed to go gaga
- Vin wears a ridiculous large Christian Cross
So 2 days later ...
There is more:
- -The Cinematic trailer does not make sense after you have watched the movie
- -Vin Diesel has had voice lowering training. He was absolutely inaudible
- -We tried subtitles but the sync was erratic so that was aborted
- -As native English speakers we were appalled we could not understand the dialogue and hence fully the plot in this let's face not too mentally challenging a movie.
- +Music was not bad
- +Stunts well executed, but really **dont try them at home, children**
- +We liked the old Vintage Cars
- +Photography in England was well shot
- --- The infinitely long runway, and plane chase sequence at the end, well it is nonsensical and just goes on and on
- +We liked the surprise ending
Overall, it is the sort of film you want to watch with your best friends, the pause control on your DVD player, and a vocal stunt loop pronouncment
/no, that is just totally impossible/
Fast and Furious 6 car guide