Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Marcus becomes as sick as a dog


In true, over the top, positive American tradition I post this happy photograph above.  Unfortunately the reality is that since  early Tuesday February 26th I have been as

Sick as a dog

At first I thought it might be food poisoning but as the hot and cold flushes began to show, and my temperature rose above the normal 37 degrees Centigrade,  I concluded flu.

I checked Mr Internet and found my symptoms

fever, sore throat, runny nose, headache, cough, body aches and pains, hot and cold flushes, lack of taste

According to WebMD  :






So what did I learn?





I am entitled to more sleep


  • If you threaten to come to work whilst sick; any co-workers with young kids will plan to kill you.
  • I don't realistically have one or even two weeks to get better. Who wrote that!
  • I spent hours Wednesday morning Feb 27 about 10cms from a 1.5KW ceramic fan heater sweating it out. Then Wednesday night I used Agata as my heater.  Almost as warm!  So you see, I do have a very HOT wife :-)
  • Our current UltraMarathon training plan for a forthcoming race is in jeopardy.  It was all going so well: over  100Km  ran last week in conditions down to -7 degrees C.




  • After waiting > 3 hours in hospital this Friday.  The staggering conclusion: Yes, you have severe Flu!  Yes, thanks for that.


Links
Bad sleep negatively alters body