I've been forced due to frustration to write this free article of suggestions to manufacturers of smart watches
Subtitle: Are you idiots or do you think your consumer is an idiot?
This is my conclusion based on the raft of inappropriate and useless new generation function watches that I've surveyed in July 2012.
This Friday Intel joined the rumour party
My suggestions are, that a new generation watch might have
Essential features like
- A primary ability to clearly display the time - it is a watch right?
- Bluetooth connectivity - user should not have to plug it in to upload data from all of the sensors listed below
- Heart Rate Monitor
- Compass / GPS
- Skin Temperature sensor and ambient temperature sensor
- Vibrator - to wake you gently from sleep state
Optional / Nice to have (but not a strong selling point)
- Bluetooth link from iPhone/smartphone to discretely buzz on appointments / text ( about 0.001% interesting or useful)
- Music Player