Here in Switzerland the Government has an official campaign urging us all to, well, Slow Down and Take it Easy. No, I am not kidding.
And so this Friday I tried to get into the spirit of things
I finished work as close to lunchtime as possible and headed to the Vevey-Corseaux plage pool in Vaud Switzerland and had a good hour of Swimming in the Lake and in the (heated) pool
What did I learn?
- No doubt that this area has really earned its name as the Swiss Riviera. Just so beautiful out on the lake
- On the Lake fisherman were casting nets. It's quite scary as I felt I might get a bit tangled up
- The Finis swiMP3 player made my hour really a pleasure
- The Pool was 24 degrees and it felt like a wonderful hot bath after the colder lake
- Some hours later, ouch! You don't really get tired during a gentle swim, but later there are some subtle and not so subtle aches all over
And so afterwards there was just time to slowly drive home and retire for a little nap.
Slow Down Official Swiss Video