The Finis SwiMP3 2G player is quite difficult to find, however in my humble opinion it is the finest underwater, waterproof MP3 player available today.
Until now I had been using the SwiMP3 1G Player (blue and white) but suddenly it only plays whilst connected to a computer, else it's as dead as a dodo.
Hence the urgent order, since silent swimming during the last week has been as I remembered it pre MP3 swimming .... boring as hell!
So how is the new player?
- Essentially just like the older 1G Byte capacity player, but this one has a 2G Byte capacity and is coloured black and yellow
- The waterproof protective rubber cab is now attached to the player and the cap and the cord is significantly more rubbery.
- As before, there are 4 controls ON/OFF, reset, track forward/volume up, track backward/volume down
- It is still difficult to turn ON player. You have to hold the ON/OFF button, but holding it for too long turns it ON then OFF again!
- In the picture the SwiMP3 2G CE writing is over a clip which can go through the strap of swimming goggles.
For me this is too fiddly and its more effective and easier to tuck the player inside a swim cap
- The 2G Byte music capacity is plenty large enough for swimming. In fact the old player of 1GB was too big! A simple drag and drop of .mp3 files to player 'disk' whilst USB connected suffices.
- The player charges via USB connection, a red flashing light which becomes constant when charged.
So I have just made the first of what I hope of many more swims using the new player. I celebrated the returned to sound with an Amazon purchase of Faithless - Passing the Baton. Sounded great!
Finis SwiMP3 player 2G
SwiMP3 from enjoymedia.ch fast delivery for CH!
Finis SwiMP3 player 1G review
Finis SwiMP3 player 2G support manual buttons