There were mixed emotions this morning when whilst hurrying to put on my Kalenji running trousers I heard a distinct ripping sound. Yes, after about 2 years of pretty continuous usage one of my 3 pairs of long distance running trousers has finally expired.
Based on our principles of moderation I am now allowed to buy another pair of trousers or equivalent. I've tried other longs but so far the Decath(lon-gs) have been great because
- Unlike SKINS trousers they have a waist cord meaning they can be secured above the hips i..e they don't slide down over the course of a run
- They are based on compression technology, which over a long run keeps your legs fresher
- On the back and under the crotch are some meshed areas for breathability
- Since they come from Decathlon you can go in, try them on and they don't cost a fortune
- Possibly the only competitors would be Raid-Lite trousers but the sizing is difficult, there are close to no retail distributors and the price, well it is high.