This entry was prompted by news that the UK DHL customer enquiry line closes at 18.00. For an international 24 hour courier company I was quite astonished. So to continue the grumbles here are the servicing lows from my 2006:
- DHL's lets close at 18.00 customer service (including parcel tracking)
- www.artcomp.ch who managed to only once reply to over 60 phone calls, 15 emails, 4 faxes and numerous webform enquiries before eventually delivering my order. 48 hours later it broke down. Upon return to them I astonishly got thru to them one day ... They say they can only repair and not refund since I opened the Windows license packaging. This despite the fact that I ordered a French machine with a French keyboard and received a German one (which I therefore cant understand)
In fact the latest is (January 15th 2007) that another 48 attempted emails, faxes, and webforms have passed since returning the machine, and over 2 months since ordering the machine. I have no machine and no contact from this company about when I might get a replacement.
- KingFisher and other Indian airlines who happily let you trundle thru their website, booking flights upto the Credit Card authorisation screen. Then they mention that they only accept Indian credit cards and if you haven't got one well tough.
- To Honda Chiswick who in house MOT'd my cherised Honda CRX VTEC but missed the lethal faulty front wheel skid braking problem. No problem though, after a 420 pund service (apology not included) the problem was fixed.
- To O2 who chose to lose me as a customer rather than tell me if the phone I wanted (available to all O2 outside the UK at that time) was coming to the UK.
- To Argos who explained "It's an automated system sir" as I waited for 2 hours for my purchase to travel the few hundred metres out from their warehouse to my hands
- To British Airways for trying to hide behind an automated "dont reply to this email" when they sent me the Good News that their enhanced booking system no longer allows you to choose your seat except for First, Business of flexible return class tickets