Some 50mm Carbon Section Shimano Dura Ace WH7850-C50 Wheels. [Obviously Marcus removed all the garish logos]. We think these wheels doubled the worth of the cycle!
The next target was the Shimano 6600 Ultegra Brakes. I have some Shimano BR7900 Dura Ace Brakes spare
About 10 grams per brake lighter!
Fitted with less than 2mm clearances from block to rim
Next new tyres! The Continental Grand Prix Attack tyres are brilliant because
- They are sub 200 gram tyres
- Great Puncture resistance
- Feel tough, and are fine in wet weather
- Claimed very low rolling resistance
Marcus' Fallback bicycle
The Deda RS Scuro is sick as shown above, the rear Mavic R Sys SL is buckled.
So time to test the backup plan which is use of the old Condor, 1998 era bicycle.
Don't forget children: Always have a backup plan :-)
So after some cleaning and polishing I took a test drive. Seems 100% okay to me ....
The famous logo
A sensible number of Gears
Shoes that I can walk on
Practical Shimano MTB pedals
Nicely adjusted front Campag Record brakes sir
A heavy 180 gram but comfortable seat
So, all is set for a comfortable, slower Monday morning cycle
Monday , early AM update
Yes, the old blue Condor performed admirably
- Just under 40 minutes compated to a non sprint Scuro morning ride time of about 35 minutes. So 5 minutes slower
- And I took it really easy
- And I lost at least 30 seconds in Vevey behind a bus