So it has been a seemingly long 3 days and 3 nights since Sunday. Because in that time I have had less than 10 hours sleep total.
Now you might recall that my skills in the Not Sleeping department are legendary. (I don't count Parties where I always fall asleep)
But this week I have been assaulted by an all over itchy and scratchy red rash.
It started after a swim in Mon Repos pool this Sunday and has been so severe that I am basically unable to sleep.
What are the learning points so far?
- I visited my excellent local Doctor (Dr Bally, Victor-Ruffy 6, 1012 Lausanne)
- He told me it was not chickenpox. This is good because 'at my age' I've been informed that this would be serious.
- Not chickenpox because I only have a mild fever
- Not contagious, so I have been to work
- I found out that the itching and pain is excrutiating. It can be temporarily relieved by taking a BOILING HOT shower. The relief lasts about 30 minutes
- So the best way to try and sleep is shower, then drink the best part of a bottle of wine (quickly).
- It is now Friday morning 01.00 and if the above works then I can get a whole 4.5 hours sleep till the alarm wakes me at 05.30. Luxury.