We performed a similar task about a month ago so we feel that our reputation must be spreading. The things we will do for a spot of dinner and a glass of wine ...
Ingrid starts off the evening correctly: Drinks and nibbles.
That is more boxes than we expected
Vojto and Agata are doing all the heavy large assemblies
Agata seems to be combining assembly with a Stretching exercise workout, she's very clever.
Ingrid is officially in charge of the plastic mallet
"Are we nearly done yet" Marcus pleads
- The furniture was imported from Poland. The instructions were in secret Polish code
- Some of the instructions sheets were so faintly printed that even a Polish speaker / reader could not really decode them
- Ingrid chose the Polish furniture from Pinio since it's made of real pieces of wood and not Medium Density Fibreboard (MDF). Very traditional but it is clear that you can NOT get the tolerences for mass produced consumer items using that natural technology.
- Now more than ever I begin to respect IKEA who produce in much higher volume, with much clearer instructions and to build tolerences so much higher that there is just no comparison.
- Our baby Bosch IXO power tool was light and small enough to carry in our cycling rucksack and was again just brilliant (Check out this limited edition version, I think we might need it urgently)
- Yet again Agata and Marcus prove that an active evening in with a spot of wine, good company, and a healthy dinner is a mighty fine thing