- Never bet more than you can afford to lose without keeping a broad smile
- Try not to bet on games that are pure chance
- Vegas has a lot more to offer than gambling, if you like eating both quantity and quality Vegas does not disappoint
- If you like drinking Margarithas (Kang will confirm my weakness) Vegas is also the place to be. For as little as a dollar yoû can get a very large one at a select few casinos. This is clearly a cunning plan designed to lure innocent gamblers in, yes that is us!
Using these stellar rules, we first exhausted our fascination with slot machines and moved onto BlackJack. (The game where you play against the dealer trying to get no more than a score of 21 ). The casinos may start to quiver but here are the top secret rules for BlackJack ...
- If you have 12 to 16 and the dealers visible card is 2 - 6, stick
- If you have 12 to 16 and the dealers visible card is 7-10 or Ace, twist
- If you have 17-21, stick no matter what the dealers card is
The other empirical rule is that when you have a good win, then stop and cash it in immediately.
Today we checked into the Planet Hollywood Hotel but we were lucky to find it. Our internet booking company called it Alladin and it was by chance that we checked its precise location on Google Maps, only to find it was not there! PH has bought it and they are still in the process of renaming everything. I chuckled to myself as our Bathroom included a picture of Roger (Moore) at an age when I could almost believe he could have been a credible (and not geriatric) 007
Whilst strolling out at night we did the traditional thing which is of course to look at the charming Bellagio fountain display. I think we will try and stay at Bellagio when we return to Vegas, after all I hear it has a nice pool.